Student Loan Repayment
- Regular: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-regular-benefit.html
- Sickness benefits
- Some employers provide their own paid sick leave or short-term disability plan. Before you apply for EI sickness benefits, check with your employer to find out if they have a plan in place.
- Eligibility for Sickness benefits: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-sickness/qualify.html
- To apply: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-sickness/apply.html
- Family supplement Information:
If your family income is $25,921 or less you may be eligible to receive the family supplement if you meet the following conditions:
- your annual net family income is $25,921 or less
- you have at least one child under 18
- you or your spouse receive the Canada Child Benefit
Service Canada automatically adds your family supplement to your weekly benefit payments. You don’t need to take any action. Your total weekly amount cannot exceed $573.
Banks (mortgage and other debt):
Bank of Montreal:
- Financial Relief Program: To help alleviate some of the financial pressures that Canadians may be facing, we have introduced a financial relief program for customers affected by COVID-19. The financial relief program is tailored to each individual’s circumstances and needs, which could include deferral of payments on mortgages for up to six months, as well as deferral of payments on loans and credit cards for up to three months. The program also includes accommodations for BMO Small Business and Business Banking clients. Please contact us at 1-877-788-1923to speak with a BMO representative.
- General Response: https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/bmo-branches-coronavirus-update/?ecid=va-US47967EDB1-DMBMO14
- Financial Relief Program: We’re furthering financial assistance to help clients facing hardship. Recognizing the financial challenges being experienced by some individuals and families, including business owners, we’re offering assistance to clients impacted by job loss or other circumstances as a result of COVID-19. We will work with clients on a case-by-case basis to provide flexible solutions to help manage these challenges, including up to a 6-month payment deferral for mortgages and the opportunity for relief on other credit products. Clients experiencing financial hardship are encouraged to talk to their CIBC Advisor or call 1-877-454-9030 to discuss their individual situation. We remain ready to help clients with their banking needs, and we’re proud to support our clients and community as we work through the current situation together.
- General Response: https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-banking/advice-centre/covid-19.html
Royal Bank of Canada:
- General Response: the events surrounding COVID-19 are truly unprecedented and we understand how much they are disrupting the daily lives of Canadians. RBC has put in place flexible financial relief programs for personal and business clients who have experienced financial hardship. To help clients with immediate relief, some of these programs are available by self-serve, including skip a mortgage payment, an auto-loan payment, and personal loan payment. These options will provide you with direct relief for one month. Please know that we will continue to work with you to provide further financial assistance, including further payment relief (for example, up to 6 months on mortgages), should you need our help.
- Financial Relief Program: https://www.rbc.com/covid-19/index.html?_ga=2.162082876.1057081740.1584730857-973302315.1584632913
- General Response: Scotiabank is here to help our customers navigate this uncertain time. We have announced additional measures to reduce and delay the transmission of COVID-19 and to provide financial relief to those who need it most.
As every situation is different, we are committed to trying to work with all our customers on a case-by-case basis to help understand, and hopefully alleviate, financial hardships you may be experiencing as a result of COVID-19. Our support measures are flexible, including payment deferrals for mortgages and relief on credit products for those who qualify. Please contact us (or your Advisor or Relationship Manager) and we will work together to find a solution that will hopefully meet your unique needs.
Right now the industry is dealing with an unprecedented volume of calls and longer than usual response times. Rest assured that we are committed to providing you with the best service we can as we assist all our customers. If you have an urgent need (for instance, you have a payment due within the next 7 days), please call us right away. Otherwise, we ask you to please give us a few days before reaching out so we can help our customers with the most immediate needs first.
- Financial Relief Program– see FAQ section: https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/about/relief-and-support/coronavirus-covid-19.html
- Financial Relief Program: In response to the rapidly-evolving COVID-19, TD announced additional proactive measures to further support our customers, colleagues and communities. Alongside Canada’s six largest banks, TD has announced a commitment to work with personal and small business banking customers on a case-by-case basis to provide flexible solutions to help them manage through challenges such as pay disruption due to COVID-19; childcare disruption due to school closures; or those facing illness from COVID-19. This support will include up to a six-month payment deferral for mortgages, and the opportunity for relief on other credit products. If you are directly impacted by COVID-19 and as a result are facing financial challenges, let us know by reaching out to us at 1-888-720-0075. We are prepared to help you find a solution to meet your needs. You’ll have a lot on your mind, and we want to be there for you.
- General Response: https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banking/covid-19/
Mental Health Resources:
Help In Tough Times: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/amh/Page16759.aspx
Podcasts from AHS: https://soundcloud.com/ahs-communications
Drop In Counselling – by phone: https://www.dropinyeg.ca/locations/
Provincial Court: https://www.albertacourts.ca/pc/home
Legal Aid Alberta: until May 22, 2020 only urgent family and criminal matters can apply by phone: https://www.legalaid.ab.ca/Pages/default.aspx
Resolution Services: information desk is open for walk-in, social distancing practices in effect. Phone lines for RCAS and FCC/Family Mediation are open. FCC is only booking urgent matters for phone appointments.
Visit this page frequently for continued updates!